Bit of local publicity :-)
Bit of local publicity :-)
When I first got into the nightlclub security industry, there wasn’t many training resources available which weren’t watered down to satisfy security training authorities. Books by veteran door man, Geoff Thompson such as Dead or Alive: The Choice is Yours became my homework so I could figure out how the hell I was going to keep from getting my teeth kicked in on the door every weekend. As the author of 34 books, one of which was the inspiration for the movie Clubbed, you can imagine I was pretty stoked when he wrote the following kind words about my book. Thanks Geoff!
“This is a fabulous Book.
I wish I’d had it twenty years ago. How much hassle I could have avoided.
The words are informed, empirical and in places profound.
This is the ‘door’ bible for a new age.
My book, 101 Tips on How to Be a Bouncer: Techniques to Handle Situations Without Violence is based on the following 20 basic principles which form the basis for the art of crowd control.
1. Act with intention, not anger
2. Be proactive and anticipate situations
3. Be nice until it’s time not to be nice
4. Communicate with and listen to people
5. Use the good guy/bad guy approach
6. Use warnings to increase your bargaining power
7. Use the win/win tactic by taking a hard line and then relaxing it
8. Use canned routines for ID Checks, Intoxication tests and Evictions
9. Maintain an authoritative presence
10. ‘Ghost’ abuse and do not let it affect you
11. Agree with people to get them onside
12. Never put somebody into a fight or flight situation
13. Stop them at the door
14. Use your environment
15. Work as a team and back up your fellow crowd controller’s call
16. Do not show fear
17. Be in present time and leave your troubles at the door
18. Know your limits
19. Know the law and rules of the venue
20. Do not fight your own battles if you can avoid it
So you’re a black belt, bodybuilder and think you have all the skills it takes to be a bouncer, huh?
Well you may make a great ‘bouncer’, but if you want to become a professional ‘crowd controller’ who can handle situations effortlessly and with as little violence as possible then you are intelligent enough to recognize the importance of mastering the techniques in my new book, 101 Tips On How To Be A Bouncer: Techniques To Handle Situations Without Violence.
With the nightlife industry becoming so heavily regulated and more and more venues taking a hard line on their ‘no hit’ policies, the nightlife security industry has dramatically changed since the old days of gorilla bouncers throwing people into trash bins, and therefore by necessity new skills have evolved. The author has over a decade of experience in the security industry and set out on a quest to codify the most workable techniques in nightlife security and educate others on their use to handle situations effectively, but with as little violence as possible. The author credits his background as a lawyer with many grueling years of experience in dispute resolution as his influence for many of the techniques outlined in this book which require a subtle, yet highly effective method of gaining compliance in oppositional situations. This book is the culmination of many years of trial and error by the author in learning the most practical and workable techniques of crowd control and learning from the wisdom of veteran security professionals and police officers.
Just a few techniques you will learn in this book include:
- Canned routines from experienced crowd controllers on how to refuse people entry and conduct evictions which are easy to learn and put into practice;
- Multiple ways to gain leverage in confronting situations by using your environment; and
- How to control situations verbally and use a little known ‘Jedi trick’ which demands compliance.
Click on the below links for the format you wish to PURCHASE:
Also available on Ibooks, Sony Reader, Kobo, Diesel, Blio and Axis 360!!
NOW PUBLISHED AS AN AUDIOBOOK PRODUCED BY GALLO-ROMANO MEDIA ON ITUNES, AMAZON AND AUDIBLE.COM!!